two guys and a missing girl

Monday, May 08, 2006

My heavenly Father watches over me.

on our way to dinner at cham's restaurant on friday we almost got involved in a car accident. some guy was really close to hitting our car, gave us all a scare. fortunately, we were untouched. my parents and my bro then proceeded to scold the guy using colourful language of all sorts of variety, shapes and sizes. my grandma as usual didnt say anything. neither did i. was too busy thanking God.

i believe everything happens for a reason. because i'm a Christian, i believe God allows everything that happens to take place for His purpose. this 'near-accident' [couldnt think of a better word, pardon me] to me, is a demonstration of how He watches over our family. of course, He does it in more discreet ways on a day-to-day basis, you cant expect to be saved from a car crash everyday. but this was all planned beforehand. if we were a second early or late, i cant guarantee we'd all be safe and sound. and He puts this kind of situations in our way to see how we'd react. curse the guy, wish him dead? i dont know. it serves as a prompt reminder to us that, hey, God is answering our prayers and watching over us. and that's a wonderful feeling.

saturday was another interesting day. as the hall emptied out after worship practise and i sat there alone with my bible open on my lap with leon jamming to anything and everything, there was this whole surreal air around me. its hard to describe, but its the feeling you get only when you feel God's presence around. its a wonderful, indescribable feeling. even during worship, that feeling grew. i found myself feeling humbled and compressed by this overpowering presence. i had this anxiety and nervousness inside me that wasnt from me. being in His presence just made me feel so, so small and just stripped me of everything i had. it was just my God and i.

even now i quake slightly just thinking about it. the experience is still fresh in my mind. it makes me wonder, how many people actually feel His divine presence in our midst each week? at least one of us must. or do we just walk in and out of the place without actually realising that God is here with us? i know i'm guilty of that.

church camp! 4am mornings coming my way in 10 weeks.

i can feel this is gonna be a mediocre week. or maybe not. get-back-to-routine week. and be organized, so you're not scrambling on sunday night to complete all assignments due the next day. believe it or not, i will work this week. just watch me. gonna get all the stinkin assignments outta my way by next monday, 15th may. see how determined i am (now)!!!

that hazelnut roll was good. mmm.....

penguins aren't meant to be yelled at. sorry for last night.

to love You, take my world apart
to need You, i am on my knees

2 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger kim said...

of course the hazelnut thingo was good. i don't have any left :( finished it just now.

guess what? i did a bit of s and e homework just now.

yes, the world is about to fall.

 
At 9:50 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Fin said...

mm hmm! God will always be around us =) thank God (pardon the pun) for that!

Penguins need to be yelled at, at SOME point of their life, lest they get all naughty and lazy. haiz. which many are. but dont worry, no penguin ever could get angry at you =) why?

because you are so dearrrrrr =)!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home